Age and Sex Distribution of Marawi City (Based on the Results of 2015 Census of Population)
Population reached 201,785 persons
According to the 2015 Census of Population (POPCEN 2015), Marawi City, the capital of Lanao del Sur, has a total population of 201,785 persons, of which 51.5 percent were males and 48.5 percent were females. The population pyramid of Marawi City is presented in Fig. 1. It shows that larger percentages of the population in the City are in the younger age groups.
|1 - 4||23,234||11,682||11,552|
|5 - 9||28,411||14,062||14,349|
|10 - 14||24,661||12,144||12,517|
|15 - 19||21,690||10,283||11,407|
|20 - 24||20,629||9,473||11,156|
|25 - 29||17,095||8,032||9,063|
|30 - 34||13,425||6,288||7,137|
|35 - 39||12,643||6,033||6,610|
|40 - 44||9,545||4,694||4,851|
|45 - 49||7,817||3,885||3,932|
|50 - 54||5,387||5,387||2,525|
|55 - 59||3,597||1,907||1,690|
|60 - 64||2,043||1,100||943|
|65 - 69||1,132||604||528|
|70 - 74||571||306||265|
|75 - 79||314||153||161|
|80 years and over||278||137||141|
|0 - 4||27,782||13,967||13,815|
|0 - 14||80,854||40,173||40,681|
|15 - 64||113,871||54,557||59,314|
|18 years and over||102,187||49,125||53,062|
|60 years and over||4,338||2,300||2,038|
|65 years and over||2,295||1,200||1,095|
- Total population is the sum of the household population and institutional population. It also includes Filipinos in Philippine embassies, consulates, and missions abroad.
- Marital status is the personal status of each individual with reference to the marriage laws or customs of the country.
- Grade/year completed the highest grade or year completed in school, college or university.
- Voting age population (VAP) refers to the set of individuals that have reached the minimum voting age for a particular geographical or political unit.
- Overall dependency ratio the ratio of persons in the dependent ages (under 15 years old and over 64 years old) to persons in the economically active or working ages (15 to 64 years old) in the population.
- Household population comprises of persons who belong to a household, the basic criterion of which is the usual place of residence or the place where the person usually resides.
- School attendance rate is the proportion of persons 5 to 24 years old who were attending school during the School Year June 2015 to March 2016 to school-age population (5 to 24 years old)
- Simple literacy rate is the proportion of persons aged 10 years and over who are able to read and write a simple message in any language or dialect.